Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year?

Wow! It's amazing what a rollercoaster ride a day can be. After early difficulty with the 'boyfriend', and a solid resolve to bring the relationship to an end, I just couldn't go through with it. I'm such a wimp! I told him I thought we should part, but he spent the day telling me all the reasons we should be together. Argh! It was a tough day. I had a hard time motivating myself after all the drama. I didn't get up until after 8, spent a lot of time sending email back and forth, took a nap, and finally got out of my pajamas around 5.
The good news is that I got to spend the evening with the grandkids. Jaycob is becoming such a little man. He talks to about such adult things. We were looking around on the internet and he saw the pictures of friends on myspace. We listened to a couple of songs that my friend Ricky Robertson has recorded and placed on his page, and then he saw the boyfriend picture. He asked me if boyfriend is mean to me sometimes. Just out of the blue. Where did that come from on today of all days. I told him yes, that adults are sometimes a little mean to each other. He got really thoughtful, and asked "is he the boss of you?" I said no. He said "then you don't have to do what he says, and if he's mean, you can just tell him to be quiet". If only life were so simple!
Jordan was a princess all night. When that girl talks to you, her eyes literally flash with their own light. So mischievous!
Joshy spent the whole night snuggled up with me. When I went to the table to play with the other 2, he followed me and wanted to 'love'. He was so sad to have to go to bed. He called me downstairs 3 times - to put socks on - to say I love you - to put the sock back on that he pulled off. Sweet boy.
Happy New Year to all who read this. I'm hoping for some excitement this year. I've made a lot of new friends on christiancafe.com (great site for all you singles), and I should start blogging about my interaction with a lot of special people. I have new friends in New Jersey, Quebec, Houston, Oklahoma, and even a few right here in Anchorage. Of course they all know that I have someone special. I'm trustworthy, so I don't worry about leading anyone on, or that the special one will feel threatened.
Looking forward to a new beginning!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just to reiterate a previously agreed on poing: Men can't be friends with women (unless they're gay).