Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rough day

I have the greatest job imaginable, but there are some days that truly try my patience. Today just happened to be one of them. Then to top it off, we're in the middle of a blizzard. Those highly paid, but seldom correct meteorologists predicted 5 inches of snow today, followed by 3 more tonight, but there was barely a dusting this afternoon. I went from my office to my son's house for lasagna. My poor daughter was suffering from a migraine, and 3 noisy kids aren't the best match for a migraine. When we left this evening, there was a blizzard going on. We probably got 2 to 3 inches of snow in a half hour. It was a miserable drive home.

My daughter came home and went straight to bed, so I'm sitting here watching the show she recommended - Burn Notice. It's funny. I'll probably watch again. I'm going to have to invest in a DVR. I'm becoming a TVaholic. Ugh! I can't let that happen! I haven't been to the gym since she got here. I'll have to go twice a day for a couple of weeks after she leaves. I'm planning a tropical vacation in May. I don't know where I'm going, or if anyone will be going with me, but I'm determined to go. I have a great bathing suit I bought for Hawaii, and I have to make sure it still fits.

So far during the visit, my daughter and I have eaten sushi, great Chinese food, and an ice cream cake for her birthday. Definitely a pattern there. We gone shopping and seen a movie. Tomorrow we're swimming with the grandkids and seeing "He's just not that in to you". One of my male friends was a sneak preview and said it's fantastic. Coming from a man, it was a great review.

My daughter leaves Monday morning, and time is moving way too fast. She has a lot to look forward to because she gets to see her best friend when she flies through Seattle, and she's having an ultrasound Tuesday to get her first look at the upcoming bundle of joy. It looks like a trip to Oklahoma is coming up around late September. Yay!!

No comments: