Sunday, February 1, 2009

So excited! My daughter is visiting from Oklahoma. She was supposed to fly in Tuesday, but OK got one of their typical ice storms, which delayed/canceled flights, and she was bumped to Friday. She got in at midnight, and even though she flew in to the small satellite section of the airport, it took a solid hour to get her bag. It was crazy! They kept starting the belt. Nothing would show up and then it would go off again. There were no other arriving planes, so midnight to 1:00 a.m. is a bit long to wait for a bag. She was hungry, so we had some McDonalds and headed home. She fell into bed exhausted, but I was so excited by the fact that she's here that I didn't get to sleep until almost 3. I'm not sure she's aware of that since she was surprised that I slept until 9. Oh well.

We went to breakfast with the family. I generally take the 3 grandkids out most Saturday mornings, so it was fun having everyone there. We made a Costco trip afterward. I spent $46 on crab legs that Raychel, Rachelle and I will feast on at some point when my son isn't around to complain about the smell of cooking them. Yummy!

While my daughter is here, I'll have to indulge in the things I don't get to do much on my own. Well, it's not that I don't do them, it's just that I always do them alone - go to a movie, have lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, go shopping at the mall. I'm also taking her out for sushi. I just had my first experience with chopsticks, so I need to get some practice in before I forget how to use them. No, it's not that I've never had sushi, it's just that this particular restaurant doesn't allow forks. They'll bring you chopsticks that are rubber-banded together, but no fork. I was forced to learn.

I read a really good quote tonight that I need drilled into my brain. "Love isn't finding someone you can live with - it's finding someone you can't live without." That should definitely be a feeling shared by both parties.

No comments: